Friday, October 07, 2011

Farewell Steve

I remember when it all started, moving that turtle around on the screen in elementary school using Logo then came the Apple I.

I remember programming Basic on an Apple ][ playing, karateka, sorcelery choplifter and loderunner.

I remember playing chess master on the mac+ of my uncle.

I remember beeing impressed by the 16 millions color of the Next Cube and it's DSP processor and I remember looking at the Next computer in Reims and drooling on being able to compile anything on it.

I remember seeing Toy Story and some cool pixar CGI done with renderman.

I remember working on a car adapter for the iPod at Motorola when the stock rise begin

I remember the simplicity of the iPod Touch.

I remember trading an iPod touch against two Adobe products to listen to music in my car after quite some resistence.

I remember comparing Microsoft, Google, Apple and the NASDAQ chart on yahoo and Google finance web site and see how Apple reaches 400$ and became the largest company in US by passing Chevron.

I remember enjoying writing COCOA code for Adobe on a very slick Mac Book Pro 17 inch.

I remember seeing Steve so incredibly excited to give a “small token” of appreciation at the Apple all-hands by giving everyone an iPod shuffle.

I remember the war between Apple and Adobe around Flash and in the end I think you made the right decision and left an open window for engineer to replace FLash by HTML5.

I remember seeing the words pancreatic cancer on the internet.

I remember my first iPhone 4 and that I will have an iPad soon :)

I remember my optimism and the world optimisim of seeing Steve beating this thing like Phil Lesh, the bassist of the Grateful Dead who defeated prostate cancer. This is sad to see that the one-year relative survival rate for pancreatic cancer is 20%, and the five-year rate is 4%.


This week many folks stopped by the Apple campus to pay some respects and remember Steve.


The parking lot was packed. There was some security, a bench with some flowers, some candles, and an iPad with the photo of Steve on the display.


Silence, Sadness and Loss.

Steve touched our lives in so many personal, and emotional ways. Thanks you for being different and a genius leader!


You will be missed Steve!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/05/us/obit-steve-jobs/index.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah NeXT Cube and it's wonderfull GUI. We all dreamed of it.

Thomas Younsi said...

Rien ne se perd, rien ne se crée, tout se transforme." Lavoisier

He reused next step for MAC osx ! Genius.